Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Paperwork/Update

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." --C.S. Lewis

Cherished Readers.

How good it is to come to you and share my stories. It's so very therapeutic, I wonder why I don't do it more often.

Today was a long day. Not necessarily bad way, just very demanding in the mental energy arena.

As some of you may know, my dear cohort Lydia, who I drive with every morning, has made the decision to drop Culinary Arts from her academic load. She is hoping to graduate this spring, and she didn't have the time or energy required of her to be able to accomplish that.

So, as a result of this situation, my dear mum is going to have to drive me to school for the next week until I can get my license. Because of some other previous engagements, I had to be dropped off early at school today. I arrived at about 8:00, and was assigned to Chef Tony, who had me doing plenty of paperwork by the time I got dressed. I did a lot of paper work for the rest of the day, as well as taking a break here and there to make a grilled cheese, or get a refill on my Diet Coke.

I stayed at school until about 3:30, and during that time, Chef Dave took the opportunity to show me some things that are going to be important in competition.

I know that this isn't really the most thrilling of posts, but I just wanted to say hey, and give you a quick update.

Thanks for your reading. :] Love you!


1 comment:

  1. Dear ALIAS Person: I stopped reading because I didn't know the person you decided to become. This is my dear sweet A isn't it? If so I will continue to read and enjoy your posts. AS your dear Aunt B says, "you are my Protege" and writing seems to come easy for you as it does for her......Good Luck with the competion. Your professor must have a great deal of faith in you ....As I do. It was great to see your sweet face.. You are so beautiful!!!!LOL GJ

    ReplyDelete