Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Huser-Bob

"Cooking is love. It should be entered in with abandon, or not at all." --Harriet Van Horne


Bonjour Readers!

I'll start this post off by saying THANK YOU for stopping by, and putting some coins in my love bank by reading what I have to write.
I really appreciate it.
Grazi.

Just so we're all on the same page, I'll give an overview of what I'm going to be up to this school year, and what the bulk of this blog will be about.

This year, in addition to my regular schooling, I've been given the chance to to take an assortment of cooking classes at a local career center. This program is designed for high school students who are serious about a career in the food service industry. It's set up to equip these students with the skills and knowledge necessary for such a vocation.
It's a two-year program that I am planning on being involved in until I graduate.

The reason that I've told you all this and am writing this blog in the first place is for you to share in my journey, and also to chronicle my experiences as I make my own way in the world of food.

BUT
I want to make it perfectly clear that nobody should feel obligated to read if you have more important things to do. But if you're looking for an update on my life, and want something more than what facebook had to offer, this should be your place to find them.

So, thanks again for your support by reading.
I'll tell you about my first few days at school as soon as I can.


TI AMO

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bree: I am so very proud of you...Did Aunt Beth tell you that she got her Beauticians License the same way??? She lovingly refers to you as "her Protegee"... Anyway love the way you write....GOD BLESS, STAY SAFE...LOL (LOTS OF LOVE) Gjan

    ReplyDelete