Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dreams.

"Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men" --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I love this quote. The kind of love that makes you feel fearless inside. The kind that makes you feel like anything is possible, and that nothing can stop you.

Being the wet blanket that I am, I usually dismiss quotes like this as rubbish. I usually say that they give me an unrealistic view of life as we know it. Sure, there's that occasional underdog that catches his lucky break, but what is that supposed to mean for the rest of us?

Should I continue do this the right way? Finish high school, go on to college, graduate, then what?

Of course I'd like to think that my dreams will move the hearts of men, but often times I view people's hearts as things too far beyond my reach.


...Ok, that's enough of that mess.

Oh, joy of joys! Holiday bake, in addition to baking for the holidays, has taken on a bit of a hot foods flavor. No pun intended.

This week, I've rolled meatballs, battered coconut chicken, whipped mashed potatoes, chopped vegetables, and today, made crab puffs.

To borrow the words from a Christmas song,
"Oh, what fun..."

Speaking of fun, I got to work a party last night.
Invite only.

The event was the Tastefest.
We got the the Hellenic Cultural Center at about 4:30, and set up our tables with a vast array of gorgeous French pastries. The star of which as a French Cocubush(
Every single person who came through the line had something to say about it.

We won the award for best table, and some of our students went up and danced.

I, however didn't.
1. I was in uniform
2. I don't dance.

But it was still fun. :]
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment