Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Past 100 Years

"Absence and Death are the same- only in death there is no suffering." --Theodore Roosevelt

To the remnant of my devoted readers;

The amount of time that I have NOT spent on this blog is completely gross, but I won't waste more of your time that I don't deserve with some paper-thin excuse.

The past couple weeks have consisted of completely monotonous jobs that are hardly worth blogging about, but hey, it's all I got.

During our prolonged absence, I've been boxing the rest of our Christmas cookies. This also entails searching every nook and cranny of the entire tech center building (oh, no... not just culinary, the whole building) for any and all of the rest of our Christmas cookies. But to look on the bright side, once they're done, they're done.
HALLELUJAH! THANK YOU, JESUS.

I've also been participating in some other extra credit projects. I worked a party for all of the secretaries in the Wayne/Westland school district.
Probably the easiest party in the history of Modern America.
AND, scored a thirteen dollar tip.

There was another party that I worked the last Friday before Christmas break.
It was a dinner party for the mentally handicapped citizens of Wayne.
WHAT A BLAST.
I'm telling you, they are possibly the sweetest people out there. So much fun.
I was also given a very generous tip for this party. Try $20. Chef Tony's too good to me.

And since then, I've been on break. And hating it.
I've never wanted to go back to school so badly in my life. The first actual day of break, I was so bored, I wasn't quite sure to do with myself.
Like, seriously. I had NO IDEA what to do.
It got better as the week went on, and got busier, but since Christmas is over, I have a feeling that this next week is going to take forever.

Oh, well. I suppose that I should stop complaining, and just enjoy it, but all I ever do is complain on this bog anyway. I'm sure you guys are use to it by now...

Love you all. Thanks for sticking with me, guys... :]

No comments:

Post a Comment