Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Anise Biscotti

"When a man's stomach is full, it makes no difference whether he is rich or poor." --Euripides

I know that you all are sitting on the edge of your seats, wondering if I did go through with the lethal injection or not.

Well, fear not.

I have resolved to press on, and have emerged, enlightened.

Good cooks have bad days.

Thank you all for you kind comments, I appreciate them all.

The past couple days have been a little bumpy, but mere nothings in comparison.

And also, I have witnessed others having difficulty as well. Not that I enjoyed their struggles, but they helped me to realise that I'm not the only one.

I'll give you the last week (since Monday, at least) in a nutshell.

I've probably made enough sweets to give a full-grown man a heart attack, or two.
Hey, it's the Holidays, whaddya want?

I made about two doubled recipes of sugar cookie dough, which equals out to an UNGODLY amount of cookies. Also several large pumpkin rolls with a luscious cream cheese icing inside, and dusted with powdered sugar. Sublime

On Wednesday, Chef Tony asked Lydia and I if we would stay with C-shift, and help out with a fundraiser at the school. When we had finished with our own B-shift obligations, Chef Dave asked us to work the Front Line.

Dumb question.

"Actually, Chef Dave, I think that I'd rather sit in dish tank, and wash dishes until 2:00."

I think not.

I did work the front line, and throughly enjoyed it.
It was nice to see all of the "fruits of my labor", if you will. A and B-shifts do all of the food prep, and we were able to serve it.
Kind of awesome.

Thank you, everyone who has taken time to read. It really does make my day to see all of your supportive comments. :]



2 comments:

  1. Ohh my goodness, B.Log, I did forget a "Terrible"..and I know this not because I've ever read the book, but more so cause I've lived THE DAY..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubry Gross.
    Instead of studying for a test I have tomorrow, I just read every one of your posts. And loved it.
    It sounds like you're doing great, and loving your work. I'm so happy! SO happy for you. I remember, a long long time ago, when we were talking about the future. I remember you, in a moment of uncertainty and frustration, saying 'Can I just major in being a friend? That's what I'm good at!' I had nightmares of you being a counselor and working yourself into an early grave because you were too loving, but now.
    You've found this.
    Your peas and pudding.
    I'm so thrilled. I love you.

    ReplyDelete