Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

For the Love of Coconut.

"...cassoulette, like life itself, is not so easy as it seems." --Paula Wolfert.

Day one in Hot Foods.
Hooraayyy!!!
What I've been waiting for the ENTIRE TIMMEE!!!

I came into the kitchen, and practically skipped to Chef Dave, and asked what he wanted me to do.
He then assigned me to collect 25 carrots. To peel, and slice. Most of you are probably like "Wow, this girl is nuts." or "What a fruitcake." but I love it.

After I had taken care of the carrots, I helped one of the other students assemble Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches.
GOOD STUFF.

After I had done this, A-shift was gone.
Nothing against A-shift.
Heck I think they're great, but after they leave, there's much more room in the kitchen, and it's easier to figure out from the teachers what they need.

SPEAKING OF WHICH... Chef Dave is officially the absolute hardest person to get directions from. Granted, he does run more than one station, but yeah. That was probably the thing that was the hardest to adapt to today.

ANYWAY, after A-shift left, I was assigned to fry the coconut chicken.

To be completely honest, I ruled the fryer today. Chef Dave told me what they were supposed to look like, and I made them.
Sublime.

Also, I have to tell you all. On Monday night, for Michelle-My-Belle's birthday, we went to Michael Symon's restaurant, Roast, in Detroit. I would highly recommend. I had the Beef Cheek Pierogi and the Roast Chop Salad. Very, Very, Good.

Sorry that I seem kind of like a kid in a candy store, but I pretty much am. XD

Thanks for reading everyone. <3

3 comments:

  1. Dear Brie: Love this blog.. What the heck is a Beef Cheek.. Golly gee that sounds awful..I do not think I want to eat a cheek of anythine.. Love the blog and Love you sweet girl...Gramma Jan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to you fryer ruler!! ;) love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! Don't ever change!

    ReplyDelete