Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

PTC

'There is no more appealing sight on earth than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone that she loves." --Thomas Wolf

It's that time of year again. The time that every student with s reputation at stake dreads. Parent-teacher conferences.
My mother attended a conference with Chef Tony on Thursday night. She offered to take me with her, but I declined as graciously as I could.
>She was running a little late at work, so she left from there straight to the school, then I met her at Bible study later.
I think it would be safe to say that I was fairly nervous.
When Michelle and I arrived at Bible study, and my mom was already there.
It was a sign. Whether good or bad, I couldn't tell.
As nonchalantly as I could muster, I asked her what he said.
Essentially, Chef Tony said that he really likes my work. He said that I was doing really well. My mom told him that I was really enjoying the class, but I was looking for more of a challenge, and that I had some experience under my belt.
Well, he definitely took those pieces of information under advisement.
When I came in on Friday morning, Chef Tony called me over.
"Aubry, as soon as you wash up, you're with me."
SCORE. Way to put in a good word for me, Mumsy.
What he had me do first was decorate some orange-glazed cookies with white and milk chocolate.I must say, they looked pretty darn good when I was done. Just sayin'.
After I finished this, he taught me how to make his signature pumpkin cheesecake.DEELISH!!! Not to mention, gorgeous.
Hope I'm ready for whatever's in store for Tuesday!!! Thanks for reading. <3

3 comments:

  1. And you are going to spill the beans about that signature pumpkin cheesecake as soon as you see me... right?

    PS. Tell your mom that I heart her, for lots of things, but especially for bringing Chef Tony up on game.

    It was high time he knew what a diamond in the rough you are.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin cheesecake???? Did I hear someone say Pumpkin cheesecake??? I. want. some. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Darling Brie: Yes, my dear you come from a looong line of culinary genus'...Your grandmother is known for her award winning holiday meals.. Your Mother, my dear Michele, is an excellent cook as well... I am so glad we have an another extremely talented "CHEF" in the making. Congratulations on an "A PLUS"....Lots of Love (LOL) Gramma and Grampa Garry

    ReplyDelete