Peas and Pudding; The Story of a Culinary Student

"It takes courage to grow up, and be who you really are." --E. E. Cummings.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Table Settings

"All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." --John Gunther

To be quite honest, I don't think that I have ever folded so many napkins as I have today in my ENTIRE LIFE.
EVER.
It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it was just crazy!

I was assigned to Chef Nate again today, but I didn't work in the Skills Grill. Josh Hall (one of my classmates) and I did dining room set-up (which was pretty much code for "you're going to be folding napkins until you turn 100"). We also set the tables with flatware and glassware.
This is a good sign, people. The cafe will be opening soon!!
Good Times.

Afterwards, I helped Chef Tony pull together a vegetable tray. He was very impressed by my extensive home-schooled vocabulary. ;] Thanks Mom.

Sorry that these last few posts have been so short. We haven't really done very much this far. But fear not, for on Monday, I start in Bake Shop with Chef Mary. And that, my friends, promises to be interesting.

Thanks for reading! Talk to you Monday. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment